I have prayed more than once: “Please Lord, Don’t let them see the real me. The real me is tired, weary, and at times very carnal. Lord please cover my nakedness. Clothe me God with righteousness!”
I. Adorned with self!
In ministry we can become just like the Emperor.
- To be so self indulgent that you refuse to realize when your naked?
- To have people around you that are so worried about position that they wont be honest with you.
- To be so wrapped up in image that you ignore the kingdom?
- To be so overwhelmed with self that your fear of failure never allows those around you to se the real you?
- To be so self absorbed that the enemy can deceive you into purchasing an identity that leaves you nude?
- That is the midst of your parade people are singing your praises while the children see the real you?
- The Emperor bought into the lie that was above the ability to be transparent.
- Therefore, he ended up naked!
Like the emperor everyone can see our nakedness, everyone knows we are making a full of ourselves, but out of fear for position or intellect those around us stay quiet!
We must not ignore those around us who can tell us when we are naked.
IV. Give us Sons and Daughters that will cover our nakedness!