Recently, while praying I felt God lay on my heart that for so many years our nation has looked at God as our "mascot." I mean this with all integrity of heart. God has to be more than our mascot! Our currency say's "In God we trust." Do we really? This summer in America the stock market has acted like a roller coaster, the debt keeps growing, out of control flash mobs disrupt cities, unemployment edges towards 10%, our soldiers are dying in battle, and politicians battle each other for voting blocks. I think I am one of those voting blocks. Everyone loves their team mascot. Although, mascots do not win games! A mascot is a great cheerleader for a team, but doesn’t actually play. A mascot is someone we look too for motivation and one who stirs-up the crowd. A mascot looks great on bumper stickers, flags, and t-shirts. However, a mascot is just a symbol of an idea. God is not an idea! We have always been known as the land of opportunity! The richest nation in the world! On the inside of the statue of liberty is our nations invitation to the hurting, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." Our Republic has stood for freedom, and liberty as we have restored democracy around the world, fought on the beaches of distant lands, and declared a better way of life. Most of all we have declared that God is who we trust in! That is a awesome mission statement, but do we really trust God? During the turmoil we are now living in, if God is whom we trust, I believe with all my heart the churches of America would be filled to the brim with a nation crying out for God. God must be so much more. He must be our Lord! Psalms 33:12, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance"
Throughout history, when things get rough, a nation can turn in one of two directions. The nation can head down the devastating road of secularism where elitist minded people declare that man can fix our issues, or we can turn to God as our answer. I believe we are so close to an awakening. I see desperation for Jesus in services. I see a generation that has had enough of no Salt and Light religion. There is a cry coming from the mountains, plains, and shores for an encounter with Jesus. We the church must rise up. It is time for a crying out from the pulpit to the pews, from the subway to the dirt roads, from the schools to the courts that Jesus is our Lord. Now is when we truly decide are we a nation that trusts in God, or do we trust in the corners of Wall and Broad Street. God loves America, but he loves all nations on the earth. What separates our nation is that we put God up in plain site. We call on Him for our answers. If we are to be the city on the hill, and the beacon of hope we must open the door for Him to come in. Rev. 3:20 declares He is knocking at our doors. Will we answer?
The wickedness of this world is increasing. The clock is ticking on liberty and justice for all! Israel is waiting for us to rise up while Islam knocks at their doors. From Beijing to Moscow they are watching to see if we truly believe what we have declared for over 200 years. The question is this, is God just our mascot that we parade out to motivate an electorate or is He our King? There are millions in our great nation who are ready to see God pour out His Spirit. From pulpits to bible studies, to students at flag poles, there is a cry for heaven to invade earth. I still believe that “In God We Trust”, but we must not just parade him out to motivate the electorates, and try to win another moral victory. He must become our very breath!
God spoke five things to my heart:
1. We must get our joy back! Psalms 45:7, "You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy." The joy of the Lord truly is our strength. No Joy means no strength!
2. We must exercise our God authority! Col 2:10, "and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority."
3. We must realize that we are overcomer's! Luke 10:19, "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." An overcomer always makes sure to insert their influence in all situations.
4. We must pray and cry out! II Chronicles 7:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." We must seek Him and will we find him!
5. Give Him access to move in our daily routines of life. Acts 17:28, "For in him we live and move and have our being!" He wants to interrupt us. That doesn’t mean we have to lose excellence in place of anointing. I love what a dear pastor and mentor named George Sawyer told me about his church "We believe in anointed excellence." We must give him access to the inner sanctums of our offices, living rooms, bedrooms, cars, and sanctuaries.
God is calling all of His pastors, influencers, and churches, with the hand of God upon them, to call for a Holy Spirit revolution! Together we can take our nation back! It first must start on our knee's! For too long the media, the pundits, the philosophers have set the spiritual climate. We must declare Jesus from the roof tops. This is the moment the church has been awaiting! We must be the statue of liberty! Our mantra must be "Give me your tired (Matt 11:28), your poor (James 1:30), your huddled masses (Acts 1:8)yearning to breathe free (Acts 2:4)." Let the breath of God breathe life into the lungs of all believers! He breathed into the lungs of man in the garden and will do so again in their garages! It's great to have God on our t-shirts and money, but even greater to have him on our thrones! Remember to keep your eyes on Jesus! Matthew 24:12-14, "Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."
Let's stand together! We love and appreciate you so much! Pat and Karen Schatzline
Patrick H. Schatzline
Mercy Seat Ministries, Inc.
PO Box 1150, Trussville, AL 35173
What a great word & challenge! Love it! I copied all 5 points into my journal! Thanks bro!ReplyDelete
My friend I so appreciate you!ReplyDelete